When it is time to replace the battery in your motion detector, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
The 2GIG-PIR1E-345 motion detector requires 1 CR123A battery, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
1. Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the In-alarm Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: GC2 GoControl – Bypass Sensors.
3. Remove the bottom screw and open the motion detector cover, leaving the backplate in place.
4. Remove the old battery.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Place a new CR123A 3-volt lithium battery into the sensor.
7. Put the cover back on, and fasten the screw removed in step 3.
8. Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor.
9. Check if the low battery status has cleared or follow the link below for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: GC2 GoControl – Silence Reset Alarm.