GC2 Panel—Battery Replacement
Follow the instructions below to replace the backup battery in your system’s panel. The GC2/GC2E panel requires a 2GIG-BATT2X battery pack, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store. You may also text a Support Representative at 317-399-5748 to order one.
1. Pull the front faceplate from the panel.
2. Loosen the top and bottom screws, then insert a screwdriver into the slots and pry from the backplate.
3. Hang the panel from the backplate using the plastic strap.
4. Unplug and remove the old battery from the holder, then replace it with a new 2GIG-BATT2X battery pack.
5. Place panel back onto backplate, then tighten the top and bottom screws.
6. Place the faceplate back on the panel.
Clear the Panel Alert
See instructions below for how to clear the error alert and stop alert beeping on your panel.
1. Press Security then tap the yellow triangle button.
2. Use the up/down arrows to scroll through the alerts to clear them, then press Ok to exit. This action will silence the beeping for 4 hours, but the issue must be resolved in order for beeping to completely end, and clear alerts for issues that have been resolved.
3. The top bar on the main screen can also indicate various alerts.
Trouble Alert Descriptions:
- • AC power failure: check the power outlet to which the panel is connected. Confirm the transformer is securely connected.
- • Low panel battery: If power has been interrupted, allow 24 hours for the panel battery to recharge. If this persists, look into replacing the battery.
- • Communication failure: has there been a recent change to your Wi-Fi? Ensure the panel is updated with sign in credentials. Also, look for any new source of interference.
- • For other trouble conditions, please refer to your user or installation manual.
If you need further assistance, you can text a Support Representative any time at 317-399-5748.