Kwikset Obsidian—Battery Replacement
When it is time to replace the battery in your smart door lock, you will see an alert on your system panel period.
The Kwikset Obsidian keyless smart door lock requires 4 AA batteries, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
Backup Power Instructions:
If the 4 AA batteries are too low to operate the lock, use a 9-Volt Alkaline battery to temporarily power the touchscreen.
- Make sure both terminals on the 9-Volt battery touch the terminals at the bottom of the touchscreen.
- Hold the 9-Volt in place while entering your user code to unlock the door.
- Continue holding the 9-Volt in position until the checkmark symbol illuminates and the door unlocks.
Note: If you remove the battery before the checkmark symbol illuminates, you will need to re-enter your user code.
Battery Replacement Instructions:
- Remove the casing which covers the battery pack by removing the screw from either side of the lock.
- Remove the battery pack from the top of the lock.
- Remove and replace 4 AA batteries.
- Return the battery pack to the lock.
- Return the casing which covers the battery pack by aligning over the device and replacing the screw removed in step 1.