When it is time to replace the battery in your glassbreak detector, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the In-alarm™ Mobile App.
The DSC PG9922 glassbreak detector requires a CR123A batteries, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
- Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the In-alarm Mobile App.
- Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: IQ Panel 2 – Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors.
- Leaving the sensor in place, open the cover by removing the locking screw from the bottom of the device, then pressing the tab at the bottom of the sensor.
- Remove the old batteries.
- Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
- Place A new CR123A battery into the sensor.
- Put the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened until you hear a snapping sound, then replace the locking screw.
- Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensors.
- Check if the low battery status has cleared or follow the link below for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: IQ Panel 2 System Sensor Status