When it is time to replace the battery in your motion detector, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the In-alarm™ Mobile App.
The TX-E721 motion detector requires a CR123A 3-volt lithium battery, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
1. Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: IQ Panel 2 – Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors.
3. Open the cover by pressing the tab at the bottom of the sensor.
4. Remove and replace the CR123A 3-volt lithium battery.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Put the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened. You should hear a snapping sound if it closes correctly.
7. Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor.
8. Check if the low battery status has cleared or follow the link below for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: IQ Panel 2 System Sensor Status .