How to Fix Panel Communication Failure on the IQ Panel 2
- Make sure your alarm system has power. If you are experiencing a prolonged power outage, the system will come back up when power is restored.
- If your power has recently been out, the panel battery may be too weak to allow your cell to send signals. Allow 24 hours to recharge the battery.
- Make sure your plug is connected securely to its outlet.
- Make sure the outlet is supplying power – you can check this by plugging something else into this outlet to see if it’s receiving power.
If there is an interruption of cell service in your area, your system’s communication could be impacted temporarily. Ensure that your Wi-Fi is connected as a backup in this event.
- Large metal objects and appliances that generate radio frequency can interfere with signaling. If you identify these objects around your alarm system, try increasing their distance from your system if it’s safe to do so.
- It’s best if your system is located near an exterior wall, above ground (not in a basement), and not in the middle of a large structure (like an interior closet far from exterior walls).
If your communication failure is caused by a system malfunction, you can try to power cycle the system:
- Completely power down the panel and the module.
- Wait 2 minutes, then power the panel back up.
- Test your system to confirm whether communication has been restored. Remember to place the system on a test to avoid a false alarm.
See below to review the steps to power cycle your IQ Panel 2. If communication failure continues, call Indiana Alarm at 317-399-5748
1. Press or swipe down the clock display at the top for the settings menu, then press Settings.
2. Press Advanced Settings, then enter the master code.
3. Press Power Down, then press Ok to confirm and power down.
4. Wait 2 minutes, then press right side power button for 3 to 4 seconds to power up.
1. Swipe down from the time display for the drop down, then press Settings.
2. Press Advanced Settings, then enter your master code.
3. Press Wi-Fi, then check the right side box to enable.
4. Select Wi-Fi network, then enter Wi-Fi encryption, then press OK.
5. Wi-Fi displays Connected if successful, then press Back Arrow or Home to exit.