How to Fix Panel Communication Failure on the Lynx Touch L7000
- Make sure your alarm system has power. If you are experiencing a prolonged power outage, the system will come back up when power is restored.
- If your power has recently been out, the panel battery may be too weak to allow your cell to send signals. Allow 24 hours to recharge the battery.
- Make sure your plug is connected securely to its outlet.
- Make sure the outlet is supplying power – you can check this by plugging something else into this outlet to see if it’s receiving power.
If there is an interruption of cell service in your area, your system’s communication could be impacted temporarily. Ensure that your Wi-Fi is connected as a backup in this event.
- Large metal objects and appliances that generate radio frequency can interfere with signaling. If you identify these objects around your alarm system, try increasing their distance from your system if it’s safe to do so.
- It’s best if your system is located near an exterior wall, above ground (not in a basement), and not in the middle of a large structure (like an interior closet far from exterior walls).
If your communication failure is caused by a system malfunction, you can try to power cycle the system:
- Completely power down the panel and the module.
- Wait 2 minutes, then power the panel back up.
- Test your system to confirm whether communication has been restored. Remember to place the system on a test to avoid a false alarm.
- Phone service outage in your area.
- You have disconnected your home phone service.
- You have switched to a new provider.
- VoIP and Digital Voice Over Cable may not be compatible with your security system. You may need to switch to a different phone service or call us to upgrade to cell communication. With cell communication, you get access to remote arming and disarming from your phone. You also open the door to transform your home with smart automation devices like remote cameras, thermostats, lights, and door locks.
- Your new provider may not have connected your phone line to your system.
See below to review the steps to power cycle your Honeywell Lynx Touch L7000 Panel. If communication failure continues, call us at for help at 317-399-5748.
- Ensure the panel is in an unarmed state, then remove power from the outlet.
- Press the top tabs with a screwdriver, then pull the front faceplate down.
- Once you see your Wi-Fi network, select it, press Edit, then press Key, then enter your Wi-Fi password. Press Done.
- Remove the battery holder screw, then unplug the battery from the circuit board to remove it.
- Wait 30 seconds before you replace the battery, close the panel, and restore power to the outlet. The panel will power back up.
If, for any reason, your device does not power back up, confirm the power outlet is functional by using a different device and ensure the outlet is not connected to a switch.
If you need further assistance, you can call a Support Representative at any time at 317-399-5748 .